This publish incorporates affiliate hyperlinks, and we might obtain a small fee if you buy by way of our web site.
This zucchini casserole is low-carb facet dish made with layered sliced zucchini and a creamy parmesan cheese sauce. A scrumptious baked zucchini gratin recipe comes collectively in beneath 40 minutes, and it’s gluten-free and keto-friendly.
Made with only a handful of elements, this zucchini bake is an ideal facet dish for a busy weeknight dinner. It’s liked even by the choosy eaters that usually hate zucchini. The zucchini is completely cooked (fork tender with a slight crunch), and it’s lined within the creamiest garlic cheese sauce. It’s a 5 STARS recipe, for positive!
Zucchinis are certainly one of my favourite greens – EVER!. They’re tremendous versatile and might be cooked in numerous methods:
- Scrumptious roasted or grilled
- Incredible in frittatas
- Tasty uncooked in salads
- Nice pasta alternative as zoodles
- It may be full of something
- A superb addition to soups
- It may be added to desserts to maintain them moist – attempt my double chocolate keto zucchini pound cake.
And these are simply a few of the methods to prepare dinner zucchini that simply crossed my thoughts. Zucchini is low in energy and carbs, making it the right vegetable for any way of life.
Components For Zucchini Casserole
Right here’s a fast overview of the elements wanted to make this fast zucchini casserole. As ordinary, the entire record of elements and directions might be discovered within the recipe card under.
- Butter – I used unsalted one, however for those who select to make use of salted butter, you need to scale back the quantity of salt you utilize.
- Whipping Cream – Makes the cheese sauce creamy and superb.
- Cheese– Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese
- Onion and Garlic – add nice texture and taste.
- Contemporary herbs such – Parsley, Chives, or Thyme
- Seasonings- I exploit a primary combo of salt and pepper.
How To Make Baked Zucchini Casserole
I all the time appear to have leftover zucchini, so one of the best ways to make use of them up is to make this simple zucchini casserole in just some simple steps:
- Take away the ends of the zucchini and slice it into 1/Four inch thick rounds utilizing a pointy knife or a mandoline.
- Make the Sauce – Soften the butter in an oven-safe pan over medium warmth. Then prepare dinner the onions and Garlic or till aromatic.
- Stir within the whipped cream and prepare dinner for about 2 minutes, or till it thickens. Then you possibly can add the parmesan cheese.
- Assemble the Zucchini Casserole – Organize the zucchini and mozzarella slices within the baking dish and pour over the cheese sauce. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on prime.
- Bake – for 25 minutes, or till the zucchini is fork tender and the cheese is golden brown on prime.
Ideas For Making The Finest Zucchini Casserole
- After slicing the zucchini, sprinkle some salt and place the slices on a flat floor. Put aside for 30 minutes and pat dry utilizing paper towels to take away as a lot moisture as doable.
- I used parmesan cheese and mozzarella, however you can too use cheddar cheese.
- If the zucchini casserole appears too watery, scale back the oven temperature to 350°F and prepare dinner for 10 to 20 extra minutes.
- For a crunchy topping, I really helpful including some crushed pork rinds or panko.
What Type Of Cheese Can I Use
I choose to make use of a mixture of Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Chances are you’ll use no matter kind of cheese you’re keen on. It’s all as much as you. I purchase blocks cheese from the shop and grate it on my own. Preservatives and corn starch are generally included in pre-shredded cheese, and it doesn’t soften effectively.
How To Retailer This Keto Zucchini Gratin
- Fridge – Retailer lined within the fridge for as much as Four days. When able to take pleasure in, reheat at 350F or within the microwave till warmed by way of.
- Freezer – I don’t advocate freezing the leftovers as a result of each zucchini and the cream sauce don’t thaw appropriately, and the feel is disagreeable.
Zucchini Casserole Variations
I wish to share just a few concepts with you that you simply may wish to attempt. Naturally, you could eat it precisely as I wrote it, however for those who choose to department out, listed below are some solutions.
- Tomatoes – Solar-dried tomatoes or recent tomatoes can be used. Chop tomatos up or combine in some cherry tomatoes. Each have a powerful style and can complement the opposite elements within the casserole.
- Bacon – Some cooked, crumbled bacon might be added to the zucchini casserole combination.
- Sizzling Sauce – for those who choose some additional warmth, combine some scorching sauce into the tacky sauce.
Is it essential to pre-cook the zucchini?
On this recipe, there’s no have to prepare dinner the zucchini beforehand. As an alternative, please place it within the pan raw, then cowl it with the cheese sauce and bake it. In roughly 20-30 minutes, it’s able to be served along with your favourite mains.
Can I Make This In A Sluggish Cooker?
Sure, you may make this straightforward zucchini casserole in a sluggish cooker. Here’s what you need to do:
- Put together the zucchini identical to I discussed earlier.
- Place the zucchini into the sluggish cooker. Make the cheese sauce on the range in accordance with the recipe’s instructions.
- Prepare dinner for 3-Four hours on low.
Is Zucchini Keto-Pleasant?
Positive, zucchini is keto-friendly since it’s low in each energy and carbohydrates. This implies you could embody this vegetable in your ketogenic food regimen.
In response to the USDA database, 1 cup of sliced zucchini (113 grams) has solely 2.Four grams of internet carbohydrates and 19 energy.
Be at liberty to serve this zucchini casserole with any of your favourite mains. My favorites embody:
This zucchini casserole is low-carb facet dish made with layered sliced zucchini and a creamy parmesan cheese sauce. A scrumptious baked zucchini gratin recipe comes collectively in beneath 40 minutes, and it is gluten-free and keto-friendly.
- 2-3 medium zucchini sliced skinny & minimize in half circles
- ½ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup low sodium beef broth or water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella slices optionally available
- ½ tsp of salt or extra to style
- ½ tbsp pepper or extra to style
Stop your display from going darkish
Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray, and put aside.
In a big oven-proof skillet, soften the butter. Prepare dinner the onions till translucent and aromatic.
Add within the minced garlic and prepare dinner for about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
Add within the broth, salt, pepper, and pour the heavy cream. Stir to mix and produce to a simmer.
Cut back the warmth and add within the parmesan cheese. Simmer for 2-Three minutes till it begins to thicken.
Organize the sliced zucchini within the backside of a casserole dish, overlapping one another. Place mozzarella slices between zucchini slices, as proven within the video.
Evenly pour the cheese on prime of the zucchini, then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or till the cheese on prime begins to brown, and the zucchini are fork tender.
Garnish with recent parsley or chives. Get pleasure from!
Quantity per serving.
How can we calculate the vitamin data?
These vitamin details listed are decided utilizing vitamin info from the USDA Meals Database. Our vitamin details are correct, however in case you are utilizing totally different merchandise, please make your calculations. Internet carb rely is calculated by subtracting each fiber and sugar alcohols as a result of they don’t increase blood sugar.
The total recipe is within the recipe card under. Readers that love this aslo made these recipes: